There are three ways to cancel an ongoing dispute:
Use the app (fastest way)
To cancel a dispute in the Chime app:
- Tap Disputes at the top of the home screen.
- Tap the claim you want to cancel.
- Tap the 3 dots in the upper right-hand corner.
- Tap Request to remove transactions.
Call us* at 1-844-244-6363
Email us* at firstname.lastname@example.org
*If calling or emailing, please provide your Dispute ID—you can find this in the app or the email confirmation of your dispute filing—and the reason you’d like to cancel the dispute.
What happens after I cancel a dispute?
Once you cancel a dispute:
- You’ll receive a notification confirming that the dispute is canceled, and we will stop our investigation.
- If you had previously received a temporary credit (also known as provisional credit), it will be removed from your account.
- If a chargeback was filed, Chime will attempt to cancel it.
- Depending on the status of the chargeback, Chime may be unable to cancel the chargeback.
- It may take up to 70 days to fully resolve the chargeback
If you need to reopen a dispute that you previously canceled:
Call us at 1-844-244-6363 and we can help you reopen your dispute.