SendSafely is an end-to-end encryption platform that lets you securely receive files from Chime agents. It works on any device you use to access your email.
SendSafely encrypts files so that only the sender and the recipient can see and download them. This ensures that no one except you and the Chime agent can access your files.
You’ll use SendSafely:
- When Chime sends you a file attachment for any reason.
How SendSafely protects your files
- Each time you use SendSafely to receive a file from Chime, it is fully encrypted.
- Only you and the Chime agent who sends your file can see it.
- No one else at Chime or SendSafely can access your secure file.
- SendSafely works with all major browsers, so you don’t need to install anything or register an account to receive secure files from Chime.
- SendSafely uses two-step authentication (2FA) to ensure that your secure file is visible to only you and the Chime agent.
Use SendSafely to receive a file
To download a file you have received from Chime using the SendSafely tool:
- In your email inbox, look for a message from Chime with a link that begins with https://attachments.chime.com/receive/. Click on this link.
- A page will open that prompts you to enter the email address where you just received the link. Enter your email and click Submit.
- This will trigger an email message from SendSafely containing a 6-digit verification code. Check your inbox for the message containing this code, and note or copy it.
- Enter the code on the SendSafely page where you entered your email address, and click Submit to go to the SendSafely Secure File Transfer screen.
- Make sure the checkbox next to “Remember me on this device for up to 30 days” is checked.
- Click Submit.
- When you ensure that the “Remember me on this device” checkbox is checked and use the same browser, you won’t have to go through the 2FA process (steps 2 - 6) if you receive another attachment from Chime within the next 30 days. You’ll just go directly to your file.
- Under The following files are attached, select the file you want to download to your device. You’ll notice a download icon to the right of the file.
- A “Waiting ...” message appears while SendSafely downloads the file.
- This message changes to “Verifying file” as SendSafely verifies the item.
- When the file has finished downloading to your device, the download icon to the right of the file changes to a checkmark icon.
- You can now open and review your downloaded file.