Chime accounts can be linked with external bank accounts through the services provided by Plaid.
You can link your external account to your Chime account as long as the bank is supported by Plaid and the name associated with your external account matches your name on your Chime account.
How do I transfer money from an external account to my Chime Spending Account?
You can link an external account that you own to your Chime Spending Account:
- Log in to your online account at www.chime.com.
- Select Move Money
- Select Transfers.
- When you are prompted, enter the login credentials for your other bank (your external account).
Your external account will be instantly linked to your Spending Account.
Once your external account is linked, you can use the Chime app to make transfers from the external account to your Spending Account, with the following limits:
- A maximum of $10,000 per calendar day
- A maximum of $25,000 per calendar month
Transferred funds will be available within five (5) business days.
How do I initiate a money transfer from my external account?
Many banks allow you to make transfers from their website.
If you have an external bank that offers this service:
- Log in to the bank's website.
- Add your Chime Spending Account information using the same routing and account information that you would use for direct deposit.
Why is my bank transfer taking so long?
Bank transfers are completed through ACH, which are only processed on business days (Monday through Friday, excluding any Federal holidays).
After a transfer is processed, Chime's bank partner asks that we hold the transfer for at least three (3) business days. Consequently, it takes a little less than a week to post the money to your Spending Account.
What are the transfer limits?
- Bank (ACH) transfers to the Spending Account that are initiated with the Chime app or website are limited to:
- $10,000 per calendar day
- $25,000 per calendar month
- No limit to the number of times per day
- Cash loads have:
- A maximum of three (3) per day
- A limit of $1,000 per load per day
- A maximum of $10,000 per calendar month
- Chime does not impose a limit on bank transfers (ACH transfers) that are initiated from an external account. There is no limit to the number of times per day nor is there a maximum dollar limit. However, external banks may impose their own limits and fees.