Chime accounts can be linked with external bank accounts through the services provided by Plaid.
You can link your external account to your Chime account as long as the external bank is supported by Plaid and the name associated with the other account matches your name on your Chime account.
How do I transfer money from an external account to my Chime Checking Account?
You can link an external account that you own to your Chime Checking Account:
- Log in to your online account at www.chime.com.
- Select Move Money
- Select Transfers.
- When you are prompted, enter the login credentials for your other bank (your external account).
Your external account will be instantly linked to your Checking Account.
Once your external account is linked, you can use the Chime app to make transfers from the external account to your Checking Account, with the following limits:
- A maximum of $10,000 per calendar day
- A maximum of $25,000 per calendar month
Transferred funds will be available within five (5) business days.
How do I initiate a money transfer from my external account?
Many banks allow you to make transfers to Chime from their website.
If you have an external bank that offers this service:
- Log in to the other bank's website.
- Add your Chime Checking Account information using the same routing and account information that you would use for direct deposit.
Why is my transfer taking so long?
Transfers between accounts are completed through ACH, which are only processed on business days (Monday through Friday, excluding any Federal holidays).
After a transfer is processed, Chime's bank partners ask that we hold the transfer for at least three (3) business days. Consequently, it takes a little less than a week to post the money to your Checking Account.
What are the transfer limits?
- ACH Transfers to a Chime Checking Account that are initiated with the Chime app or website are limited to:
- $10,000 per calendar day
- $25,000 per calendar month
- No limit to the number of times per day
- Cash loads have:
- A maximum of three (3) per day
- A limit of $1,000 per load per day
- A maximum of $10,000 per calendar month
- Chime does not impose a limit on ACH transfers that are initiated from an external account. There is no limit to the number of times per day nor is there a maximum dollar limit. However, external banks may impose their own limits and fees.