Although fewer checks are written these days, we understand that bills like rent, credit cards, student loans, and other payments may require you to pay with a check. To assist members in these situations, we offer the Chime Checkbook feature. You will have access to Chime Checkbook after your Chime Visa Debit Card has been activated and your Checking Account has been open for at least thirty (30) days.
How does Chime Checkbook work?
Follow these steps:
- Log in to your Chime account at www.chime.com online or through the Chime mobile app.
- In the Move Money section:
- On the website, select Checkbook from the Pay Bills dropdown.
- In the app, select Mail a Check.
- Add the information for the recipient that you are sending the check to.
- Mail your check (or checks) to anywhere in the 50 states, including the District of Columbia (checks cannot be sent internationally).
Are there any fees associated with Chime Checkbook?
Chime Checkbook is fee-free for Chime members!
How long does it take for a check to arrive or to reach its destination?
Payment requests submitted through Chime Checkbook are processed by 8:00 AM Mountain Standard Time (MST) on the next available business day. We recommend that you provide enough time to allow your payment to reach its destination as it typically takes 3-9 business days to arrive.
Please note that checks cannot be expedited.
What are the limits or the maximum amount that I can send using Chime Checkbook?
Currently, there is no limit on the number of checks that you can send per day.
To view your Chime account limits in the app:
- Tap the gear icon to open Settings.
- Tap Account info.
- Tap View Limits.
Can I cancel a check?
Yes. Checks can be cancelled as long as they have not yet been presented for payment. If you want to cancel a check, call us at 1-844-244-6363. Funds from any cancelled check will be credited to your Checking Account by 8 AM MST on the next available business day.
What happens if my check has not been cashed?
All checks that are not cashed become void after 180 days. Funds from any voided check are credited to your Checking Account by 8:00 AM MST on the next available business day.