Why did you close my card after my card has been misplaced, lost, stolen, or it had unauthorized transactions?
We know having to replace your card can be frustrating and inconvenient, but our #1 priority is keeping your funds and account information safe!
If your card has been misplaced, lost, stolen, or it has unauthorized transactions it is considered “compromised.” This means the security of the card information has been put at risk since there is no way of knowing who may have gotten a hold of your card information while it was out of your possession or how the information may have been accessed without your knowledge. When this happens, we want to restore the security of your funds as soon as possible so that no one else has access to your money but you! In order to do this and prevent any further unauthorized transactions we must cancel the compromised card and replace it with a new one. The new card will be linked to your same Spending Account or Credit Builder account but will have a new card number, expiration date, and security code (CVV).
If your card is lost or stolen, you should disable it immediately to block any unwanted transactions from occurring. You can do this by
- Going to your Chime app
- Go to Settings
- Scroll down to the Card section
- Find the card you need to disable and move the switch under Allow Transactions to the left. You’ll know it’s done if the switch is grayed out and it says “Transactions are blocked” under Allow Transactions
To replace your card, scroll down a little further to Replace your Card. Choose the option that best describes why you need your card replaced and confirm your address. A replacement card will be sent ASAP, and will arrive within 7-10 business days.
You can also contact our team via email, through the chat function in the app, or by calling our Support Team (1 (844) 244-6363.
How do I access my Chime Account without a card?
While your new Chime Card is on its way, you can access your funds a few different ways. You can:
- Use the Temporary Digital Card feature available in the Setting section of the Chime app. Once your physical card has been activated, the Temporary Digital Card will be replaced with your new Chime Card.
- The Temporary Digital Card shows in the Settings section with a complete card number, expiration date and CVV.
- It can be used to buy things or pay bills online.
- It can be added to your Digital Wallet (Apple/Google Pay) to make purchases at a point of sale (POS).
- Temporary digital cards can be used to link to money transfer apps such as Venmo, Cash app and Facebook Pay.
- You can make purchases at a POS if the merchant can manually input your card number. A temporary digital card must be run as credit in this situation, as it has no PIN.
- The card cannot be used at any ATM.
- Use the Pay Friends Transfer feature in the Move Money section of the Chime app to transfer money to friends.
- Link your Chime Account to Venmo, Zelle, PayPal, or Square Cash apps using your Chime Spending Account's account and routing numbers. This way, you can transfer funds to friends, merchants, or other personal accounts that they have linked to these apps. Your account and routing numbers can be found in the Settings page of your Chime app.
- Use your Chime Spending Account number and routing number to have Direct Debits taken from your account by a merchant or biller.
- Initiate Outbound ACH transfers in the Move Money section of the Chime app to a linked external bank account.
- Use your Chime Checkbook / Mail a Check feature in the Move Money section of the Chime app to mail a paper check to a merchant or biller anywhere in the U.S.
How long will it take for me to get my new card?
Your Replacement Card will be delivered to you within two weeks. If your Replacement Card does not arrive within this time, please contact us again!
I previously reported my Chime Card as Lost, but I just found it. Can you reactivate it for me?
Unfortunately, we cannot reactivate a card that has been deactivated. Even if your card has been found your card information may no longer be secure.
I previously reported my Chime Card as Stolen, but I just found it. Can you reactivate it for me?
Even if your card was returned after being stolen, the security of the information on your card has been compromised. Whomever had your card could have saved the card information for future use. For security reasons, we are unable to reactivate or re-enable cards that have been stolen.
How can I protect my account?