You can quickly and easily check the status of your dispute in the Chime app by following these steps:
- Tap Disputes on the home screen
- Find your dispute ticket by choosing between the Open and Closed tab
- Tap View details
- Tap “>” beside the charge to see the accurate timeline view of the disputed transaction
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does it take so long to resolve a dispute?
Every dispute is different, and we want to ensure that we thoroughly investigate each one. If you filed a dispute, here’s what to expect:
- Temporary Credit – If we cannot complete our investigation within 10 business days (or 20 business days if your account is new and the disputed transaction happened within the first 30 days that the account was funded), we’ll apply a temporary credit to your account while we continue the investigation. This credit will appear in your account by the end of the 10th business day (or 20th business day if your account is new).
- Investigation – Once your dispute is filed, we’ll immediately begin the investigation. We will complete the investigation as soon as possible, but the process may take 45-90 days, depending on the dispute type and the merchant.
- Final Decision – You’ll receive an email with the final decision once we’ve completed the investigation.
What will happen to my temporary credit if my claim is approved after the investigation?
If your claim is approved, the temporary credit applied to your account will be permanent.
What will happen to the temporary credit if my claim is denied after the investigation?
If your claim is denied, the applied temporary credit to your account will be reversed. It will take 5 business days for the reversal to reflect on your account upon receiving the final decision. The notice will also indicate the reversal date.
Is there a faster way to reverse the charge?
It may be quicker to contact the merchant that made the charge. In some cases, the merchant may cancel or reverse the transaction.
You can click here for more information on how you can request a refund from a merchant.
Why am I still seeing the charge on my account when I already contacted the merchant and they canceled the transaction on their end?
If you already contacted the merchant and they issued a credit, it may take 5-7 business days to post on your account.