You can deposit cash into your Chime Account at over 85,000 retail locations with our cash deposit partners. Ask the cashier to make a cash deposit directly to your Chime account.
To view your cash deposit limits in the Chime mobile app:
- Tap the gear icon to open Settings.
- Tap Account info.
- Tap View limits.
Cash deposits made at Walgreens locations, including Duane Reade locations, do not incur any fees. Other third-party money transfer services that are used to add funds to your Checking Account may impose their own fees or limits such as:
- Fees per transaction
- Daily, weekly, or monthly limits on the frequency or the amount of cash you may add to the Checking Account
Here are some of the many other retailers that accept cash deposits, with their own applicable fees:
- Dollar General
- Family Dollar
- Rite Aid
- Pilot Travel Centers (Pilot Flying J)
- Holiday Station Stores
- Circle K Stores
- GPM Investments
- Sheetz Incorp
- TA Operating LLC (Travel Centers of America)
- Royal Farms
- Cumberland Farms Corp
- Kwik Trip Inc
- Krause Gentle (Kum & Go)
There are two ways to deposit cash into your Chime Account:
Into your Checking Account with the barcode,
- Open your Chime app and go to the Move Money page.
- Tap Deposit Cash.
- Tap the green View Barcode button.
- Take your cash and phone to any of the listed retail locations near you.
- Ask the cashier to scan your barcode and transfer the funds to your Chime Account.
Into your Checking Account with your Chime Credit Builder Secured Visa® Credit Card or Chime Visa® Debit Card**,
- Log into your Chime app.
- Tap Move Money.
- Select Deposit Cash.
- Take your cash and card to any of the listed retail locations near you.
- Ask the cashier to swipe your card and transfer the funds to your Chime Account.
*Once the retailer accepts your cash, the funds will be transferred to your selected Chime account. Barcode and debit card cash deposits land in the Checking Account. Credit Builder card cash deposits first go through your Card Account and then land in your Secured Account. Cash deposit fees may apply if using a retailer other than Walgreens and Duane Reade.
**If you choose to deposit cash using a Chime card, you must swipe your Credit Builder Card or Debit Card to deposit cash into your Chime Account. Our cash deposit partners will not accept the chip or the manual entry of your card number. If the magnetic strip of your card is damaged, you will not be able to make a cash deposit and will need to replace your card. You can request a new card in your Chime app or at www.chime.com.