You can update your preferred name in the Chime mobile app or on the Chime website. We’ll use this name when we call, write, or chat with you.
To update your preferred name, follow the steps below.
- From the home screen, go to Settings.
- Next to Personal info, tap Edit.
- Tap your name, enter your preferred name in the text field, then tap Continue.
- Log in to your account at www.chime.com.
- In the upper right corner, click your name, then click Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Next to the Preferred Name section, click Change name.
- Enter your preferred name in the text field and click Submit.
To update your legal name, email us at email@example.com. Please be prepared to submit verification of your legal name change, such as a marriage certificate, divorce decree, or name change order.
You may also be asked to provide additional information to verify your account, such as a valid government-issued photo ID or other account information.