You can update your preferred name in the Chime mobile app or on the Chime website. We’ll use this name when we call, write, or chat with you.
To update your preferred name, follow the steps below.
- Tap the gear icon to open Settings.
- Tap Personal info.
- Tap the pencil icon next to your name to edit.
- Enter your preferred name..
- Tap Continue.
- Log in to your account at www.chime.com.
- Go to Settings, then click Personal Info.
- Click Edit next to your name.
- Enter your preferred name in the text field and click Save.
To update your legal name, contact us. Please be prepared to submit verification of your legal name change, such as a marriage certificate, divorce decree, or name change order.
You may also be asked to provide additional information to verify your account, such as a valid government-issued photo ID or other account information.